Restaurant and Café Insurance Broker

Get the right cover for your hospitality business

Are you looking for advice around what cover is right for your restaurant, café or takeaway but all you can find are comparison sites and online quotations that don’t quit fit?

Our expert team of insurance advisers provide impartial support and advice to restauranteurs and hospitality business owners to make sure they get the right level of cover at a competitive price.

Business Insurance for Restaurants and Café's in Scotland

We have years of experience helping restaurant and café owners in Scotland arrange the right cover at the right price.  We have access to the leading insurers and facilities who have products specifically designed to cover your requirements.

Type of covers available:

  • Damage or theft of your business contents
  • Loss of stock
  • A member of the public being injured whilst on your property
  • Injury to your staff
  • Loss of profits following a claim
  • Damage to your commercial building if you own it

What do I need to be aware of as a Restaurant or Café owner?

You will have a legal requirement for employers liability cover if you employ anyone.  It provides cover in the event of your employee injuring themselves or if their property is damaged whilst at work.

If you have deep fat frying equipment you will need to ensure it is thermostatically controlled as well as being serviced at least once every 12 months by a suitably qualified engineer.  Your extraction systems should also be professionally cleaned at least every 12 months by an appropriate contractor.  Although some insurers may insist on this being done every 6 months.

Your fridges and freezers that are outside of warranty should be under a maintenance contract and serviced in line with the manufacturers instructions.

If you are handling large amounts of physical cash check the limits on your policy to ensure they are adequate.  If you have a safe make sure the limit is suitable for your needs and that your safe is authorised to hold the amount of cash you need it to.

Your Trusted Insurance Broker in Falkirk

If you need to claim on your policy we will help and assist you through the process.  We are not here just to sell you a policy once a year but to offer support should you need to claim or there is a change to your business. 

What Coversure Falkirk can do for you:

  • Meet with you to discuss your needs and gather the relative information
  • Approach insurers and markets on your behalf
  • Recommend the most appropriate option for your needs
  • Be available throughout the year, no call or processing centres for you to deal with
  • Help you manage the claim process should you be unfortunate enough to suffer a loss

Why use Coversure Falkirk?

We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority to give advice.

We aren’t tied to any one insurance company which means we can approach the market on your behalf and make recommendations to you based on the quotes we get back.

We will explain the covers on offer, limits applicable and any specific clauses and conditions you should be aware of to ensure that you are compliant with the terms and conditions of the policy.